Massage School Classes Outline for Massage School Notes
- Anatomy and Physiology :
Chemistry, Cells, Tissues & Membranes, Endocrine, Cardiovascular, Lymphatic, Respiration, Digestive, Urinary, Reproductive, and Immune Systems, Metabolism, Nutrition, and Cadaver Studies.
Bones, Muscles, Tendons, Ligaments, Joints, Postural Assessment, Body Mechanics, Biomechanics and Motion
- Kinesiology: How muscles work. Origins and Insertions of muscles and their actions
- Pathology: Diseases and conditions and how to work with them.
- Massage Theories : Swedish Massage, Sports Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Injury massage, benefits of massage, history of massage, indications, contraindications.
- Therapeutic assessment: client interviews, physical assessment
- Therapeutic application – skills and clinical work, charting
- Professional standards, ethics and legal practices: The therapeutic relationship, boundaries, dual relationships, transference, counter-transference, listening skills, physical/emotional self care, supervision, financial self care.
- Massage Research Literacy
- Hydrotherapy, Electro/Heliotherapy, Aromatherapy
- Eastern, European and Western theory/methods
- Specialized Populations such as: athletes, abused, elderly, children, infants, pregnancy, physically challenged, psychologically challenged, chronically ill, terminally ill
- Connective tissue, Positional release, Reflexology, Sports massage, Acupressure, Shiatsu, Polarity, Myofascial release, Trigger points, Magnetic therapy (Energy Techniques), Massage in pregnancy, Baby massage, Iridology, On-Site massage, Skilled touch, and Deep lymphatic drainage.
- Hygiene and Safety
- HIV awareness and blood-borne pathogens
- Massage Business and Marketing
- Massage Jobs - Creating or finding Your Ideal Job in Massage
- Supervision, Peer Groups, Mentoring