I found this great list of massage therapy job interview questions on www.benbenjamin.net
- What did you like about your massage school training?
- Was there anything you felt was lacking in your training or something you would like to have been different?
- Why did you choose massage therapy as your profession?
- What do you like about it?
- Do you get massage regularly yourself?
- What do you do to maintain your own health?
- How many clients do you typically see in a day?
- Is that a good number of people for you to see in a day?
- How long do you work on each person?
- Have you had or do you have a private practice?
- How many private clients do you see each week?
- Why did you leave your various jobs?
- Did you have any difficulty with the management at any of your other jobs? If so, can you describe that for me?
- Can you give me an example of an area in yourself that you think could use some improvement or further development?
- Were you ever fired? If so, why?
- Have you ever been in an uncomfortable situation with a client asking for something inappropriate? If yes, what did you do?
- Do you tend to make friends with your clients?
- What are the pros and cons of making friends with clients?
- If you got upset with me or any of the staff — for example, if you felt you had been spoken to disrespectfully — how might you handle that?
- Have you ever felt attracted to any of your clients? If so, what did you do with those feelings?
- Can you tell me about a time when you had difficulty with a client or an employer and how you handled it?
- How would you handle a client who arrived 20 minutes late for a 50-minute massage?
- Why do you want to work here?
- Did your school offer any classes pertaining to working?
I also have a list of massage therapy job interview questions on my website.
Then there are the obvious things like wear nice clothes, take your piercings out, don’t wear shorts and a tank top. Also be prepared to do a massage as a part of your interview.
Go in knowing what you want from a job and what you need to make. Tell them what you need to make an hour. You can negotiate your salary but you will also need to give them some proof that you are worth it. What will you do to help them build their buisiness?