Becoming a Massage Therapist – Everything you need to know about becoming a massage therapist!
A career in massage is much more than just learning how to do massage. Many of the massage schools and associations will show you all the positive things about a career in massage. Before you decide that you want to be a massage therapist – start with researching massage careers and what it will really be like. If you haven’t already be sure to go out and get as many massages as you can. Talk to the massage therapist about what it is really like. Ask them things like:
- How much do you make an hour?
- Are you an employee or independent contractor?
- How long did it take you to find work after massage school?
- How long did it take you to start your business?
- What massage school did you go to?
- What did you like or not like about your school?
- Did they help you find a job or start your business?
Part of researching careers in massage is also looking into massage schools. They can also help you get an idea of what it is like to be a massage therapist. You will need to know what to ask the massage schools when you call or visit. Here are some ideas:
- What training is required to get your professional massage license in your state or area?
- How much will school cost?
- How long will it take?
- What help do you provide for starting a business or finding a job?
- How much do massage therapists make?
- How many of your graduates are working 1year, 2 years, 5 years and 10 years after graduation?
- Can I sit in on classes and talk to current students and graduates?
Knowing more about what you are getting into can help you to make an informed decision about a career in massage.
You can learn more about how to find the best massage school and also more about what it is like to be a massage therapist in my Guide – A Career in Massage – Is it for you?
PDF – Immediately Download and Print on Your Computer
Kindle – Read on Your Kindle, Kindle App for iPad, Android, iPhone or Computer